Design and Building of a Graco Pump Circulation Module for the Automotive Industry
An automotive assembly plant was adding new colors and required additional paint circulation equipment. They needed a vendor that could provide a pump circulation module to deliver paint to robotic and manual spray zones. Four paint circulation systems would have to be designed and built and be capable of providing 6 gpm at 175 psi to multiple robotic and manual spray stations.
Fluid Transfer Systems staff worked with plant personnel as well as the project management company that was overseeing the project. It was determined that this project required the development of a modular pre-assembled and tested paint station that could be delivered as an assembly and easily installed on site with as little disruption to regular production as possible.
FTS delivered four complete paint systems, including all of the components, which were mounted to a powder coated frame. Each unit featured dimensions of 5' in width and 5' height. All of the wetted parts were constructed of stainless steel and suitable for use with water base paint. The frames were secured to the floor, hoses connected and the plant was able to place the equipment into service very quickly with minimal on-site installation requirements.
At Fluid Transfer Systems we specialize in paint circulation system, and were able to complete this project in just six weeks for this Toledo, Ohio customer.
Graco Pump Circulation Module - Project Highlights
- Product Description
- Automotive assembly plant was adding new colors and required additional paint circulation equipment. Provide pump circulation module to deliver paint to robotic and manual spray zones.
- Paint Circulation System
- Product Design/Development
- Material/Equipment Sourcing
Delivery and Installation
- Modular Build
- Pre-assembled and tested to reduce field labor requirements.
- Paint Delivery Requirements
- Provide 6 gpm at 175 psi output.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 5' Wide x 5' High
- Flow Rate Verification
- In-line Flow Monitor for visual confirmation of circulation rate.
- Material Used
- Stainless steel wetted parts with sanitary connections and ball valves.
- Major Components
- Graco High-Flo pump, Surge Tank and back pressure regulator.
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Functionality Testing
- Industry for Use
- (4) Pump Modules.
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 6 weeks
- Delivery Location
- Toledo, Ohio
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications
- Product Name
- Graco Pump Circulation Module